Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6 NIV
- Behaving like a Christian does not make a person a Christian
- No one can persevere in the Way of the Wise by his own effort; his heart must be changed to love what is good and right.
- Jesus is the only way to the Father; Jesus is the bridge from the Way of the Fool to the Way of the Wise
1. We read about Lot’s wife. Why do you think Lot’s wife turned back? What was in her heart?
2. Can we walk in the Way of the Wise by our own strength?
3. Where do you think your heart is? Is it on the Way of the Fool or on the Way of the Wise?
1. Make sure your child understands the message of the gospel. You may want to use one of the following explanations:
Sing or listen to some of the following songs with your children throughout your week. Note: Names in parentheses are original authors, not necessarily the recording artist.
Amazing Grace (John Newton)
Believe in the Lord (Frank Hernandez)
Change My Heart, Oh God (Eddie Espinosa)
My Hope is in the Lord (Norman J. Clayton)
Our Great Savior [Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners] (J. Wilbur Chapman/Rowland H. Prichard)
There is None Like You (Lenny LeBlanc)