This week we will walk with Job through a very challenging part of his life when he lost pretty much everything he had and suffered physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will see that God was teaching Job about trust during this time, but He was doing far more than that.
Job suffered and wanted a mediator—someone to bring him to God. This reminds us of Jesus, who suffered even though He had never sinned. Jesus is our Mediator. He suffered to pay the price for our sins and put an end to suffering on earth. Jesus brings us to God when we trust in Him.
Help your kids see the picture of Jesus in the Book of Job and to remember that that can trust God always, even when life is difficult. Encourage them to trust and remember that God is in control—always.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- God is good.
- Job was very sad, but he loved God.
- God said He is in charge of everything He made.
- Jesus speaks to God for us.
- Why can we trust God? We can trust God because He is good.
- Job learned that God is in control.
- Why can we trust God? Everything God does is for His glory and our good.
- Job learned that God is all-powerful, sovereign, and good.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Who is in control, even in the hard times?
- How can we know that God is good?
- How do you think Job felt after God spoke with him?
Find a way for your family to help someone who is less fortunate. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, or run a clothing drive. Talk to your family about how God’s goodness flows from Jesus through us!
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Psalm 100:5
● “Praises of God’s People” (Psalms 1, 100, 110)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.