This week we continue our journey through the big story of the Bible and wrap up our time with Solomon by learning about how he thought about the purpose of life and wrote about it in the Book of Ecclesiastes.
Solomon discovered that apart from God, life does not make sense. God created everything, and He gives everything a purpose. Jesus gives us purpose for living. Jesus came so that we might live for Him and have full, meaningful life.
Help your kids find purpose in loving Jesus and living for Him. Remind them that Jesus gives us value and purpose in life.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- God is good.
- Solomon wrote about life.
- We can love God and praise Him.
- Jesus taught people how to love and praise God.
- Why can we trust God? We can trust God because He is good.
- God gives us purpose.
- Why can we trust God? Everything God does is for His glory and our good.
- Sometimes life is confusing and hard to understand.
- Solomon was a wise king who thought a lot about life.
- Solomon recorded his thoughts in a book called Ecclesiastes
- Life has purpose only with God.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What are some things about life that you struggle to understand?
- How does it make you feel to know that God is in control, even when life is confusing?
- What does God say is the purpose of our lives?
Do an art or woodworking project with your family. Talk with your kids about the purpose of different types of tools you use for different tasks. Explain to them that our purpose is to glorify God!
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Psalm 100:5
● “Job” (Job 1–42)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.