This week we pick up our journey through the big story of the Bible with God inviting King Solomon, David’s son, to ask Him for whatever he wanted. Solomon could have chosen riches, or power, but he did not. He asked God for wisdom so he could lead God’s people well. God was pleased with Solomon’s request and granted it and also blessed Solomon in other ways.
Solomon was a wise king, but God planned to give His people a greater and wiser king—His Son, Jesus. Jesus completely trusted God with His life. Jesus surrendered His own life to die on the cross for our sin.
Help your kids understand that true wisdom comes from God. Encourage them that reading the Bible and talking with God are ways they can understand God better and live with wisdom.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- God knows everything.
- King Solomon asked God to make him wise.
- God gave Solomon wisdom to lead God’s people.
- When Jesus lived on earth, He was wiser than Solomon.
- Where does wisdom come from? Wisdom comes from God.
- Solomon asked God for wisdom.
- Where does wisdom come from? Wisdom comes from God through His Word.
- Solomon asked God for wisdom to lead God’s people.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Proverbs 2:6-7 (Preschool: Proverbs 2:6)
● “Wisdom for God’s People” (Proverbs 1:1-7; 3:1-12; 4:10-19)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.