This week we wrap up our study of the Old Testament judges by studying Samuel. Samuel was called by God as a boy to tell Eli and the people of Israel about God’s plan.
Samuel used God’s words to tell the people what God is like. John 1:1 says that Jesus is the Word. Jesus showed the world what God is like, and He told people to turn away from their sin. Jesus ultimately freed people from the power of sin by dying on the cross and rising again.
Help your kids connect Samuel using God’s words to tell others about what God is like and Jesus, the Word of God, showing the world perfectly what God is like because He is God.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- God’s plan is perfect.
- God heard Hannah’s prayer for a son.
- God used Samuel to tell His words to the people.
- Like Samuel, Jesus told people God’s words.
- Whom does God use in His plan? God uses people in His plan.
- God spoke to Samuel.
- How does God accomplish His plan? God uses people for His glory and our good.
- God called Samuel to share God’s plan.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Isaiah 33:22
● “Israel Demanded a King” (1 Samuel 8–10)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.