This week, we continue examining the judges of the Old Testament with Gideon. Gideon was an unlikely judge. When God called him, he was afraid and was unsure if he could be used by God. God proved to Gideon, and the Israelites, that He is strong enough and that He is the One Israel should depend on.
The Israelites cried out to God because they knew they could not save themselves. Even Gideon was not enough to save them; God used Gideon to save His people, but God fought the battle for them. The people needed someone who was mighty to save. Jesus Christ came to save us from sin because we cannot save ourselves. Only God, through Christ, can save us.
Help your kids see that God uses our weaknesses for His glory.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- God’s plan is perfect.
- God used Gideon to help His people.
- God said He would be with Gideon.
- God sent Jesus to be with us.
- Whom does God use in His plan? God uses people in His plan.
- God gave Gideon victory over his enemies.
- How does God accomplish His plan? God uses people for His glory and our good.
- God used Gideon’s weakness for His glory.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Isaiah 33:22
● “Samson” (Judges 13–16)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.