Our journey through the Old Testament continues this week with Israel crossing the Jordan River and entering into the promised land at last. Their first battle is against the city of Jericho. God fought for His people and gave the city to them. It was clear from the beginning that it was God’s power, not Israel’s strength, that would give them the land.
Just as the Lord defeated Jericho for the Israelites, Jesus defeats His enemies and leads believers into the promised land of eternity.
Help your kids connect how God defeated Israel’s enemies with how Jesus defeated our greatest enemy: sin.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
● Babies and Toddlers
- We can trust God.
- Joshua led the people into the promised land.
- Joshua trusted God to be with His people.
- Later, God sent Jesus to be with His people.
- Whom can we trust? We can trust God.
- God led His people into the promised land.
- Whom can we trust? We can trust God to take care of us.
- God fought for His people and led them into the promised land.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Joshua 1:9
● “Achan’s Sin and the Defeat of Ai” (Joshua 7-8)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.