This week we pick up just a few days after the triumphal entry when the same crowd that chanted “hosanna” to Jesus now chanted “crucify Him.” Jesus was betrayed by Judas, arrested, condemned, and crucified. After He died, Jesus was placed in a tomb, but on the third day, He rose again conquering death and providing life to those who believe.
The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus is the center of the gospel. We deserve to die because of our sin, but Jesus died in our place. He was the blood sacrifice made once and for all for the forgiveness of sin. God was pleased with Jesus’ sacrifice and raised Jesus from the dead to reign as King over all creation. We are forgiven only through Jesus. (Acts 4:12)
Help your children understand the gospel. Spend some time explaining our sin and our need for forgiveness that only comes through trusting in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- Jesus is alive.
- Jesus is God’s Son.
- Jesus always obeyed God.
- Jesus died on the cross, but God made Jesus alive again.
- God sent Jesus to earth because He loves us.
- Who saves us from our sin? Jesus saves us from sin.
- Jesus died on the cross and is alive.
- Who saves us from our sin? Only Jesus saves us from sin.
- Jesus died on the cross to save people from sin, and He is alive.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
● Luke 24:5-6
● Babies & Toddlers and Preschool: Luke 24:6
- “The Promised Land and Jericho” (Joshua 2–4; 6)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App or the Big Picture Cards for Families for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.