This week we will experience the people of Israel grumbling to God in the wilderness. God punished them for their sin by sending poisonous snakes to bite the people. However, God also provided a way to be healed. He told Moses to place a bronze snake on a pole and whenever someone looked at it, they would live.
Because of our sin, we face a huge problem: we are separated from God. We deserve to die, but anyone who looks to Jesus on the cross and trusts in Him will live forever with God.
Help your children see that God takes sin seriously, but He also graciously provided a solution for sin: Jesus.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- We can trust God.
- God did not leave His people when they grumbled.
- God healed His people.
- God sent Jesus because He loves us.
- Whom can we trust? We can trust God.
- God told His people to look at the bronze snake.
- Whom can we trust? We can trust God to take care of us.
- God told His people to look at the bronze snake to be healed.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Joshua 1:9
- “Jesus’ Triumphal Entry” (Matthew 21:1-17; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-19) [EASTER UNIT]
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App or the Big Picture Cards for Families for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.