This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids focused on Moses’ farewell reminder to the people of Israel about God’s covenant and His faithfulness to them. Moses called on the people to be holy and obey only God. If they did this, they would be blessed. If they did not, they would not be blessed.
Help your kids understand that proper obedience is born out of gratitude to God for what He has done, not as a way to earn God’s favor.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God is holy.
- God is holy; there is no one like God.
- God wants people to love and obey Him.
- God sent Jesus to earth because He loves us.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
- God wanted His people to remember His promise.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law perfectly except Jesus.
- God reminded His people of His covenant with them.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Leviticus 11:45
- “Joshua and Caleb” (Numbers 13:1-14:38)