This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and examined the rules that God gave His people for how to worship Him in the tabernacle. God required sacrifices from the people when they sinned. The book of Hebrews tells us that the sacrifices themselves did not save the people, but it was their faith in the Sacrifice of Jesus who was to come that saved them.
Help your kids realize that Jesus it the ultimate and perfect Sacrifice and salvation is found in Him alone.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God is holy.
- God is holy; He always does what is right.
- People make wrong choices. People do not obey God.
- God gave His people rules for worshiping Him.
- God sent Jesus because He loves us.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
- God provided a way to forgive His people.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law perfectly except Jesus.
- Because God is holy, God requires a sacrifice for sin.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Leviticus 11:45
- “Worship Only God” (Deuteronomy 1; 3:23-4:40)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.