This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids took us to the remaining six of the Ten Commandments. These commands show God’s people how they can love others. When someone truly loves God, they are compelled to love what He loves – including other people.
Help your kids understand that loving people is not an option but something God commands us to do and something we should want to do out of gratitude to God.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God is holy.
- God is holy; He always does what is right.
- God wants us to love others.
- God showed His love for us by sending Jesus.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
- God gave rules about loving others.
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law perfectly except Jesus.
- God gave us rules to help us know how to love Him and others.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Leviticus 11:45
- “The Tabernacle Was Built” (Exodus 35:4-40:38)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.