This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and examined the first four of the Ten Commandments. These commands were given by God through Moses to teach His people how to love and worship Him. God demands perfect obedience, something none of us can do. And that’s the point of the law – to show us of our need for another way to be right with God; a way found only in Jesus.
Help your kids understand that God is holy and expects us to be holy as well and we can be holy because of Jesus.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God takes care of us.
- God made everything, and he is in charge.
- God gives us rules to show us what He is like.
- People do not always obey God’s rules.
- Jesus always obeys God’s rules.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
- God gave us rules to show that He is holy.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
- God gave us rules to show that He is holy and we are sinners.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Hebrews 3:5-6
- Babies and Toddlers – Leviticus 11:45
- “The Ten Commandments: Love Others” (Exodus 20:12-17)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App or for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.