This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids took us to when Moses went up Mt. Sinai to talk with God for 40 days. During that time, the people rebelled against the one true God and asked Aaron to make a golden calf to be their god. When God became angry, Moses interceded on their behalf.
Help your kids connect Moses interceding for Israel that day with Jesus interceding for God’s people today.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God takes care of us.
- People should only worship God.
- God’s people worshiped a calf made of gold.
- Moses asked God to forgive the people.
- God forgives people through Jesus.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
- God’s people worshiped a golden calf.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
- God punished His people for worshiping a golden calf.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Hebrews 3:5-6
- Babies and Toddlers – Leviticus 11:45
- “The Ten Commandments: Love God” (Exodus 19:1-20:11; 31:18)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.