This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned that God provided food and water for His people as they wandered in the wilderness. When Israel became hungry and thirsty, they grumbled about Moses and God, and God graciously provided for them even if they did not deserve it. In the same way that God provided for Israel’s physical need, God provides for the spiritual need of people through Jesus.
Help your kids understand that God is gracious and He freely gives what we need – including Jesus – not because of anything they have done, but because of God’s goodness alone.
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- God takes care of us.
- God gave His people food and water in the desert.
- God took care of His people.
- God sent Jesus because He loves us.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
- God gave His people food and water.
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people from captivity.
- God provided for the physical needs of His people.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Hebrews 3:5-6
- Babies and Toddlers – Leviticus 11:45
- “The Golden Calf” (Exodus 32:1-35; 34:1-9)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family Appfor more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.