This week, we continued our Christmas unit in The Gospel Project® for Kids and celebrated the birth of Jesus. It was fitting that Jesus was born in a manger and that the first people to hear about His arrival were the shepherds in the fields. Shepherds were outcasts from society and by God announcing the birth of Jesus to them first, God was declaring that the Savior was for all types of people everywhere.
Help your children develop a heart for all people this Christmas season no matter what language the speak, what they look like, or where they live.
UNIT KEY PASSAGE
- Galatians 4:4
FAMILY STARTING POINTS
- Babies and Toddlers
- Jesus was born.
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
- Jesus is God’s Son.
- God sent Jesus to earth because He loves us.
- Why was Jesus born? Jesus was born to rescue us.
- Jesus was born as God promised.
- Why was Jesus born? Jesus was born to rescue us from sin.
- Jesus was born to be God’s promised Savior.
NEXT WEEK (CHRISTMAS UNIT)
- “Wise Men Visited Jesus” (Matthew 2:1-21)
Check out the Gospel Project for Kids Family App for more ways to interact with the Bible content each week.