Key Passage: Ephesians 6:10-13
- We are all involved in spiritual warfare.
- The believer is to find strength in the Lord.
- Our job is to obey God and resist the devil.
- We have authority in Christ.
1. How are we to be in the Lord and his mighty power? What does this look like?
2. What happens if we submit to God and resist the devil?
3. Who ultimately has authority over Satan?
1. How can you be strong in the Lord?
2. What does it look like to be strong “in the Lord” versus being strong in your self? Can you tell of any experiences when you were strong in the Lord when in previous situations you had tried to be strong in yourself?
3. Do you think the devil knows your weaknesses? How do you go about resisting the devil? See 1 Pet 5:8-9
4. Do you sometimes think that you will never be tempted by a particular sin? See 1 Cor 10:12
5. Is there any temptation you can’t resist? How does God help you so you can resist? See 1 Cor 10:13
6. Can Jesus understand what you are going through? See Heb 4:15
7. Prayer: This week, pray with your child against temptation. Ask for strength and protection in the areas you both struggle with. Pray also that you would be on your guard in areas where you feel strong. At the end of the week, ask your child how the week went.